Here’s details of a new exciting event being run by Orchard Pig Ground Force.
An Introduction to Cidermaking is a fun day out for anyone interested in making, and certainly drinking, cider. It would make a great start for anyone thinking ahead to the crop to come, or a special Father’s Day gift. We still have places available on our workshop days of Thursday 21 June and Saturday 14 July.
The day will include:
- Tutored tastings
- The essential techniques of cidermaking
- Practical juice making and measuring techniques
- A history of cidermaking in Somerset
- The wildlife benefits of an orchard
- Apple varieties and selection
- The cider industry today
- A tour of West Bradley Orchards and the Orchard Pig cidermaking plant
Cost: £70 per person, including lunch
Dates: Thursday 21 June, Saturday 14 July
To book please call 01458 851222 or email [email protected]
There will be lots of cider, good food and good company, and plenty to learn as well.