Cider houses are our National treasures.
With an atmosphere that is certainly different to a normal pub, with the atmosphere of a licenced farm at some of the more rural houses.
Cider house that sold little of no beer were until fairly recently were common in many Western and South-Western counties.
Here is a list of the most special cider houses in the UK:
- Ye Olde Cider Bar, 99 East Street, Newton Abbot, Devon, TQ12 2LD Tel: 0162 654 221
- The Cider House, Wootton Green, Bridgnorth, Shropshire, WV15 6EB. Tel: 01746 780 285
- The Cider Centre, Brandy Wharf, Waddingham, Gainsborough, Lincolnshire, DN21 4RU. Tel: 01652 678 364
- The Cider House (`The Monkey House`), Woodmancote, Defford, Worcestershire Tel: 01386 750 234
- Bristol and Exeter Inn, 135 St John St, Bridgwater, Somerset, TA6 5JA. Te: 01278 423 722
Although not ‘cider houses’, these pubs deserve a special mention for being real gems, with a good selection of ciders: