Here is a delicious recipe that I learnt during our recent thanksgiving visit to New England in America.
Eat from the bowl, or pair with pork chops or potato cakes.
- 8 assorted apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup cider
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoons apple of pear brandy (optional)
- Peel and core apples, cut into chunks. Place in a medium pan and toss with lemon juice.
- Add cider, sugar, and cinnamon, bring to boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Discard cinnamon, and mash apple sauce lightly, to the consistency you prefer.
- Stir in brandy, and either serve immediately hot, or chill in fridge once cooled.