Apple chips are great for a snack, they may be soft when they come out of the oven, but firm up when the sugar cools.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon (tsp) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 granny smith apples – used for firm texture and tart taste
- Pre-heat over to 200’c. In a large bowl combine sugar and spices.
- Cut apples horizontally with sharp knife, very thinly about 1/8 inch thick.
- Remove and discard seeds, mix well in spice mix.
- Arrange on baking tray as single layers on top of parchment paper.
- Bake for 2 hours, turning every 30 minutes.
- Cool on wire racks.
Makes about 30 chips.