Mulled cider, like mulled wine, has become a winter tradition in many peoples lives.
This warm, comforting drink is easy to prepare and is best shared with friends either indoors or outdoors round an open fire.
- 4 pints of still, dry farmhouse cider
- 3 apples – washed, cored and sliced
- 2 oranges, washed and sliced
- 8 whole cloves
- Juice and zest of 1 unwaxed lemon
- 2 tsp ground mixed spice
- 6 tbsp light soft brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon quills snapped in half
- Put all the ingredients into a pan, cover and heat gently for a minimum of 1 hour
- Do not boil
- Gather friends, and serve
- For an extra kick why not add a splash of calvados