Braeburn apples are a refreshing combination of sharp and sweet. To get the most out of their full flavour we suggest serving them as a desert.
- 80g dried mixed exotic fruit
- 55ml brandy
- 30g light brown sugar
- 1/2tsp mixed spice
- 100g butter
- 6 braeburn apples – cored
- 200g greek yoghurt – to serve
- Heat oven to 2150’c. Place the exotic fruit and brandy in a bowl and leave to soak overnight. After soaking add sugar, spices and butter
- Spoon the fruit mixture into the holes of the cored apples, pressing in to fill well, spread some more butter over the apples.
- Place the stuffed apples into an ovenproof dish, cover with foil and bake for 40 mins in over. Remove the foil and bake for 15 mins further, until the apples are soft, but not collapsing.
- Place onto place and serve with yoghurt.