- Who is Real Cider?
- Aims of the Real Cider web site
- Features of the Real Cider web site
- Your feedback on the site is important
- Contact us
Who is Real Cider?
Well, it’s one person with a passion for apples, Jim Callender.
Jim’s philosophy of the site is to promote and evangelise cider in a community that allows the informal sharing of information and knowledge about everything cider related. He has quickly built up a strong reputation to become the leading blogger in the UK to focus on everything related to cider and perry.
When ever Jim talks to friends about cider there seems to be a couple of things that always come up – how little people know about cider, and when prompted it’s the little apple that lights up in Jim’s eyes when he starts to talk about his passion for all things appley!
“When I first met Jim I was quickly introduced to the wonders of ciders and apples. His passion has grown to become this site, along with the growing popularity of cider” Fiona Callender
This site is not for profit, it’s about the passion for apples only, hopefully getting encouragement from other cider fans about everything appley.
Aims of the Real Cider web site
It was not long ago that the apple orchards of the UK were under a real threat of extinction. Thankfully, in an ironic way mass produced ‘ciders’ such as Strongbow and other mass produced ciders led the way in encouraging more people to drink real cider again.
To promote the appreciation of cider in the following ways:
- To support and promote local producers selling good quality, sustainably produced cider
- Provide information for newcomers to cider about what makes it so special, the history, production process, etc
- Providing a forum for people to talk about cider
- Recommendations from the cider man, Jim himself in regular video casts and blog posts
- Provide information on individual cider varieties: where the cider is from, which apples make it, what it tastes like, how much it cost and where to get it from
- A place for producers to promote their ciders
- Lots of useful info about ciders and apples from Jim and the members of the Real Cider community, that’s you! Get involved!
Features of the Real Cider web site
We have a wealth of up-to-date web services bringing you the latest that is happening in and around the world or Real Cider:
- News articles and stories you can comment on
- Newsfeeds, by RSS or by Email
- Delicious bookmarks View web sites we have been visiting
- Flickr Photos Look at the photos we and other members have been taking
- Twitter Read about our thoughts in less than 140 characters!
Your feedback on the site is important
This site is built for all people who want to learn and find out about how to enjoy cider, if there is anything that you would like to see on this site, or feaures that you think would work please let us know. This site is driven by feedback from people like you, use our contact form to contact us directly.
Get in contact with Real Cider!
Please contact us if you have any questions or feedback, we’d love to hear from you!