If like me you are raring to break your new years resolutions and join other likeminded people in the 12th night celebrations of Wassailing then look no further than these delicious events around the UK.
These are the listings that I have been sent from other cider heads, if you know of any others – please add to the comments below. Thank you.
- Thornbury Wassail Saturday 19th Jan, Featuring the Surfin Turnips an Smokey Bastard. The Barrel, Thornbury, Bristol
- Sandford Orchards 11th January EX17 4LW @ 7pm. Torch, wellies and a pagan desire to drive away hoodoo
- Leominster 6th January – The Leominster Morris Men will be at The Tram Inn Eardisley at 7pm
- Kent Cider - more details soon Private event – do not attend unless invited by organiser
- Willesden Green Wassail Sunday 20th January
- London orchard project Saturday 5th January Claybury Park 3-6.30pm more details
- Rudgwickcider.com 11th January @ 7pm RH12 3EQ. mythago morris dancers are special guests at their Howling
- The Fleece Inn Saturday 12th January @ 6.30pm – Worcester WR11 7JE
- Glastonbury Abbey Friday 11th January - Includes a Wassail ceremony in the Abbey orchard and then the chance to warm up with a cider bar, music from the Mangled Wurzels and a Mummers play from Langport Mummers in the town hall
Having a wassail in your own orchard?
Heres how to get it right! Tips for a successful wassail